Thursday, May 8, 2008

Howdy

I am getting horrible at updating. I know this. My family has been holding me hostage. Well...the 1 1/2 year old has been anyway. I love being outdoors, but he is an addict. His every waking hour is spent outside, or trying to convince me we need to go there. I am enjoying it though.

It has been a couple of years since I have been able to work in the yard. Believe that I have been stalking the yard/garden isle for months now. Every green house has been receiving a visit from me at least twice a week. Sometimes twice a day. :O) When I am not chasing Colter around, I am thinking about what I can put in my yard. I have lots of idea's, but no where near enough funds to complete them all now. Besides, what fun would that be? What would I do next year?

Colter's vocabulary is constantly growing. I would say he says at least 30 words. Some of those, only mom understands. He says a couple of two word phrases like....oh no, all gone and where at. And of course he jabbers up a storm. He witnessed mom talking with her hands a while back, and now he likes to jabber and move his hands like mom did. He saw his dad spit and now he imitates that. However, he doesn't actually spit, he just looks down and says blah blah. He cracks me up.

All is well at the homestead. We have just been getting out and enjoying some fresh air. Hope all is good with you all.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Glad things are going well. We visited the greenhouse yesterday and got some pretty flowers! Too bad they don't seem to last long up yonder with all the wind! :(

Isn't it fun to hear all the new words kids learn? Love it!

First Time Mommy said...

I haven't been to any greenhouses yet. I'm scared that once I get and plant my flowers it'll freeze again! I think I'll go at the end of the month..hopefully by then I'll be safe!

I bet your excited to be able to spend some time on your yard this year. Don't you wish all that stuff was a bit cheaper so you could buy and do what you want in your yard...yeah that would be nice :)!

Gotta love when the little one's start imitating everything they see done! Your Colter stories are always so CUTE :)!!

Tess said...

I totally get the lack of posting! I am struggling as well. It just seems to get away from me!!

Monkey see monkey do! Micah and Colter should get together! I am sure they would feed off each other! :)

Glad to hear all is well! Have a great weekend!!