Saturday, May 17, 2008

Lovey Dovey Curtain

My Mission? Buy el cheapo shower curtain. Why el cheapo? Let me explain.

It is a boys bathroom. Not exactly a glamorous setting. Far from spa like. The floors are covered with a hideous linoleum. The walls? Some kind of board that looks like it was suppose to have looked like fake brick at one time. Now it is covered with layers of paint. The sink is old and has what looks like legs from a walker. Their purpose? Not sure, but I assume it is to hold the sink up. The best feature of the bathroom? The shower. :O0

Someone really handy installed the shower. It is obvious that at one time there was a claw foot tub. It was replaced at some point with another tub. A half wall had to be put in to accommodate the knobs and faucet. I am not sure what type of material they used to build that wall. I don't think they wanted anyone to know, because they covered it with contact paper that is suppose to look like wood grain. Pretty. Later, someone decided they wanted a shower. If your going to have a shower, you need curtains. So, rather than make walls and have some type of surround, they rigged up some rods that form a circle all the way around the tub. The rods are held up by 1/4in cotton rope that is tied to hooks in the ceiling. Because of the lack of wall to hold the shower head, they decided going with the wand type would be best. Soon, they realized that holding the wand over their head made their arms very tired. So what better way to fix that problem then to get a board, attach it to the super curtain rod and drill a hole in it so the shower head could be fixed to it. The duct tape is to help keep it from falling through that hole.

Because the boys bathroom has the hillbilly theme, I am sticking to el cheapo curtains. I found some real cheapies at the dollar store and picked up three of them. Three because I have to go all the way around the tub. Once I got them home, I threw them on a shelf and forgot about them for a while. When I finally thought about them and had a moment, I put them up. Apparently, they were so thankful, because they have been trying to suffocate the whole family with big bear hugs every time you are in there. How awful they must feel at the constant whining and punching that they receive when they try to show their love. No one in the house feels the love.

Poor shower curtains. Perhaps I will let them stay a few more days.

4 comments:

Tess said...

Those lovey shower curtains are annoying!!! No amount of force seems to do the trick! :) LOL LOL.
I love the story, I can so picture it all! Haa Haa..

Tracy said...

I love your explanation of an interesting bathroom.

Good luck with that! ;)

Jamie said...

Hillbilly bathroom....love it!!

Tamara B. said...

I was just laughing at the picture you painted in words. I had a shower just like that before I married Dave. Ahhh, the memories. :o)