Saturday, November 24, 2007

Black Friday

I am sure that some of you ventured out to the shopping establishments to take part in the "Black Friday" festivities. You are brave people, or just plain crazy. I have never gone shopping on black friday, and I don't ever intend to. I have serious issues with crowds. I can not even stand going to Walmart on a regular day. If your not up for watching a major horrific meltdown, then do not ever ask me to join you on black friday.

Despite my hate in the day, I still wanted to get in on the good deals. Last year, I was informed by a friend that you could go online and get the same deals. So I thought what the heck. Why not get some good deals on christmas presents. Hmph. FYI, there are crazy people shopping online too. I got up at 6am and went to walmart.com only to find out that the main purchase I wanted was all ready sold out. When I arrived at work, I checked again to see about the other items I wanted. Everything was all ready sold out. So much for my brilliant idea. I think next year I will just forget the whole thing even exists.

I hope those of you that did brave the sea of people, made it out alive.

6 comments:

Lori said...

We didn't do any black Friday shopping either. I'm not much for crowd's nor getting up at 4AM either.
But we did shop online at Walmart on black Friday and am happy to say we purchased a new digital camera. Yeah! We can't wait to get it!!
Sorry to hear the items that you wanted to purchase were sold out.

We did shop today (Saturday) on the way back home. The crowds weren't too bad. We got in on a few good deals.

We spent most of the week with Tami...up at Al's parents.
I told her hi from you and she says hi back. We both said you are so sweet.

Kerrie said...

I've never been, but it kinda seems like crazy fun to me. I might have to do it next year.

First Time Mommy said...

This was my first year shopping on "Black Friday" and all I can say is I'll NEVER do it again! It was NUTS! That's probably not even describing it..he he! We didn't go until 8:30 a.m. but still...CRAZY!! I don't know how people can do that year after year!

The baragins were great but I didn't buy anything for myself..I was on a mission to get some Christmas shopping done. I got 3 more people done! YIPPEEE! But I'll NEVER EVER go to S.Falls on Black Friday agian. :)

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Miah!

Tess said...

I agree, CRAZIES, CRAZIES everywhere!! I didn't get to SF until 10:30 or so - I had a purpose, buying one specific XMAS gift saved us $40.00 because it was on sale, plus saved on a few others. I was back on the road an out of there by 12:15! Not a day to be a lookie lou! Get in and get out was my theory! I like the online thing. Today they are running specials online too, they call it Cyber Monday. Just and FYI!

Tracy said...

This chick will not get up at 4am to go shopping. Those deals aren't that important to me. I need my sleep! HA! We did go around 10:00am and the crowds were still ridiculous. Although not near as bad as they were at the bum crack of dawn.

Jamie said...

I have never braved the crowds and it really doesn't thrill me to even go when a million other people are there too. It is busy enough every other day this time of year. No THanks!!

..and yes..onliners are just as crazy!!