Saturday, November 10, 2007

The new addition

I survived the night, and I allowed Al to live another day. Al brought "Lucky" home yesterday. Real original name, huh?. Apparently, he was named Lucky because he was the only pup that survived from his litter. I personally think that he was given that name because a higher power knew he would be living with fabulous me one day. :O)




Al wasted no time taking him out to check out his hunting abilities, and was apparently very impressed. Al & Lucky got their limit in a little over an hour. When I got home from work, Al made sure I saw a few of Lucky's tricks. He seems like a very well behaved dog and he is absolutely beautiful.

I am not a huge fan of dogs living in a kennel. Al plans to build a kennel and cut a hole in our garage so he can go in and out. The garage is heated and Al is always in there, so I feel much better about the situation. Plus, he has always been outside, so I guess he is used to it. I have a feeling that Al will take him every where. He will probably be treated better than the rest of us. :O)

I am not thrilled that I have to look at a dog kennel when I am sitting on the deck, but I guess I can "decorate" it. That will be interesting. May be I can dress him up in a pink tutu when I am out there. This is going to be fun. Mwwhhaaahahahahah!

Have a super Saturday!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Nice to meat you Lucky!! He is so pretty!! I bet Al just had a blast with him hunting!!

Tamara B. said...

Welcome Lucky! Glad to put a face with the story. :0) He's a very pretty dog. Hope it all works out for you all. Sounds like he's already doing really well. Enjoy!

Tess said...

Wow, he is a gorgeous dog!!! Just a tip, short hairs can jump!!! Make the kennel with high walls!
Sounds like you guys got a good one!! I bet the family will love having him around! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

He is a pretty dog!!

I want to see pictures of the dog in a pink tutu...that would be TTOOOO funny!!!

First Time Mommy said...

What a beautiful dog! I think his name is fitting..he he...especially now since he is "lucky" enough to live with you guys :)! I think he'll do fine in a kennel. Jake's a kennel dog and I wasn't a big fan of that either but after trying to have him in the house we realized he is an outside dog (he was before we got him too). He's got a nice insulated building to go into and a HUGE kennel run (plus a dog house) so he's set! You'll have to show us how you decorate a kennel...I'd like a few pointers on that one..he he :)!

Have a great day Miah!

Tracy said...

Welcome to the family LUCKY!! What a beautiful dog!!! I am not a big fan of kennels either. Our big lab is inside. I think she would die if she had to live in a kennel. But like you said...he'll probably be with Al most of the time. Better be careful if Al asks for a hammock in the garage! Hehe!

Traci said...

Quite the handsome addition!