Saturday, November 17, 2007

This & that, take 3

There is not to much going on at our house this week. I have been trying to pick up a few christmas decorations and presents here and there. We are usually last minute kind of shoppers, which puts a real strain on the pocket book. Every year I proclaim that I will be on top of it the following year, but I am a huge procrastinator. This year I have actually bought both of my kids one gift and picked up a few decorations. Yeah me!

Now that we have a bigger house, we can actually have a big tree. Not one of those tiny things you set on a table. I have been wanting to get a nice big artificial tree, but I am waiting for that good deal. I think I just may get it tomorrow. I am also excited because we actually have some bushes to put lights on and some other great places to put christmas lights out side. I have been trolling the christmas isle since they started putting the stuff out. For what ever reason, I have this stupid rule that you cannot bring the christmas decor out until Thanksgiving night or after. Perhaps some year I will rid myself of this silly thought.

We do not have plans yet for Thanksgiving. We usually alternate between my family & Al's every year. This year though, no one is doing thanksgiving, so I am not sure what we will do yet. My uncle usually has something at his place and I think my parents may be going there. May be I can convince Al to go. Or may be we will just have something with the four of us at home. I really don't care as long as we are together.

There is not much else to say except have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Lori said...

That's great that you can have a big tree this year.
We so enjoy looking at all the lights on our tree.
Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm sure whatever you do you will have a wonderful time.
Hugs dear friend, Lori

Traci said...

I know how great it is to have a place to put your tree and something fun outside to decorate. Enjoy it! The kids will think its the bomb. We put our up yesterday - I ditched the only on Thanksgiving Day mantra several years ago - this is our favorite time of year and no good reason not to enjoy the decor! Have a super Thanksgiving.

First Time Mommy said...

We are last minute kinda of shoppers at our house too but this year...this is the year I have decided to change :)! So far I have a few presents bought and my Christmas cards are done. Sounds like you are making some progress too :)!!

We put up our tree on Saturday night because we bought a new one and we had to make sure the kid gave us the right one! I am decorating it today but it might clash with all my fall/Thanksgiving decorations. We'll have two seasons going at once at our house this year(well for a few days anyway)..yikes!

YIPPEE for you guys and getting a bigger tree. And for being able to put some outside decorations up on the bushes.

Ok I've rambled enough! Have a great day Miah!

Tracy said...

I like the motto...don't put up or turn on outside lights until the day after Thanksgiving. Although I purchase Christmas gifts whenever I get a chance and we put our OUTSIDE stuff up...we'll wait until Friday to do the rest.

A BIG TREE...HOW FUN!!! I am sure Colter will LOVE that. Caymen is going to be a handful. She already broke stuff at Menards in their Christmas aisle. OOPS!

Tess said...

I agree, no Christmas until after Thanksgiving! It is just nuts to see it out even before Halloween! I just can't stomach it.

Christmas shopping, ugghh, I am really behind this year! I suppose I better get my poop in a group and get it done.

Good luck and I will be driving by your house to check out the lighting on your bushes!!! LOL.