Friday, November 30, 2007

Hey lady, I'm talking to you

Happy Friday Everyone!

Over the past week, Colter has started to say many things. Actually, mom has just finally wised up and figured them out. He has started to wave and say Hi. This is much preferred to his bye bye wave. That is only reserved for special people I guess. Don't feel bad if you don't get a bye bye. I don't even rate good enough for that.

Other words that are in frequent rotation are Sadie, daddy, kitty, puppy, sticker & pudding. Sticker & pudding are not very clear, but he is definitely trying to say them. He says momma, but I he doesn't seem to relate it to me. It is usually only uttered when he is mad. Okay, may be it is meant for me. Baby is another one he uses a lot. He pointed at his binky while saying it yesterday, so I think that is what he is trying to say.

Right now, Colter thinks the coolest word on earth is uh-oh. He was only using it when someone dropped something. That was not enough, so he started purposely throwing things so he could say uh-oh. Now, he just says it because he can. And he can say it over and over and over and over and over.................... He was even saying it in his sleep at 4:30 this morning.

I am still amazed at how smart they really are and how fast they change. A few days ago, I saw him heading for the back porch. I had the door latched so he couldn't get back there. Soon he was crying and I went to try to redirect him. It was obvious he was thirsty because he was pointing up at the clean sippys on the counter. I proceeded to search like mad to find his sippy while he sat there screaming bloody murder while still pointing. I could not find that darn thing any where. I looked over the gates, in the toy box, in his diaper bag, in the christmas tree and even in my coat pockets. I thought may be it is in the back porch, after all that is where he was trying to go. No luck. I finally decided I had tortured myself and him enough and just got him a new one.

After Colter recovered, I was still being tortured by the where abouts of that elusive sippy. I was not looking forward to what mysterious science project it may hold when it shows up a month from now. I knew I had to find it. I continued to search for what seemed like an eternity. I even tore the back porch upside down. I finally found the darn thing shoved in between the vacuum cleaner and a cheese tray that Colter had been playing with. IN THE BACK PORCH. Where Colter was trying to go prior to his break down. It is obvious that I am not smarter than a 1 year old.

Have a great weekend ya'll!



6 comments:

First Time Mommy said...

Colter is at such a fun age right now...learning and doing all sorts of fun new things :)! I love hearing little kids say Uh-oh..there is just something really cute about it (even if they say it 1000 times over and over again). I know our nephew is like a sponge right now...learning new things every day. It's amazing :)!

Have a great weekend Miah!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing to hear them say words? And yes, I definitely feel like I am not smarter than a 1 year old some days!!

Our latest faves - Oh, no and delicious. I just about fell over when he said delicious this morning!!

Paula said...

It's awesome when they start talking and growing up. They will also repeat things too, so if you slip up and say a naughty word, so will they. I find it best to just ignore it. Sam is still adorable when he exclaims "Sit" after Mommy has a slip up...

Tracy said...

I love, love it when little ones learn new words!!! But I hate, hate it when they are trying to tell you something and can't seem to get their point across. So frustrating!!!

Tess said...

Talking is the best!! I love their little voices! Uh Oh is just adorable! Micah's fav word is NO! Oh yeah, that gets old! Ha.. His other new one is Blankie. With his own twist on it of course..

I love the sippy cup adventure! So frustrating and to think, if he would have gotten back there he would have found it! Haa Haa
Crazy!!!

Can't wait to hear him talk!!

Lori said...

How fun to have hime talking. I loved that stage too.
I love all the words they say.
The oh uh oh is cute.