Sunday, November 4, 2007

Lost

This daylights savings time has really thrown me for a loop. I think it is a combination of things, but I will gladly take the extra hour along with the rest of the stuff.

The past week has been interesting. I started working days, which is going good so far. I felt strange being part of the "real" world again. I had a few extra days off in between the shift change, so I tried to accomplish many things. I didn't really get much done, but I did get some sleep. I have been in bed every night around 8:30. Pathetic, I know. My excuse is that I am trying to make up for the lack of sleep from the past two years. It makes me feel better anyway. :O)

We all had a good time on Halloween. Colter's magical dragon suit helped him take his first independent steps. I was shocked. Needless to say, once the suit came off, he has not walked. He is pretty darn good at walking on his knees though.

During my extra days off, I got to attend the Al B show. Its kind of like the Red Green show on PBS. On the show, Al demonstrated how to make old school storm windows out of caulk. At least that's what he claimed. It was more like, fixing the old windows and plastering the bad spots with the caulk. I am not sure when the show will air, but I am guessing it will be some night after Gold Fever on the outdoor channel. :O)

Not much else to report tonight. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Also, good luck to Kerrie tomorrow! I will be thinking about you. And to those people who smashed our pumpkins, you missed some. The rule is, you must take them all so I don't have to get rid of them.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I bet that Al B show can get very interesting!!

Glad you are catching up on some sleep. I hopes the day shift keeps going well for you.

Lori said...

We are little messed up with the sleeping schedule here too. I hope we adjust quickly. I'm tired.
Hope you get caught up on your sleep too.

Kerrie said...

Awww - thank's Pal. That was so nice of you.

The Al B show = CRACKED me up!

Traci said...

Nice not being a vampire anymore, I bet. Enjoy your new schedule!

First Time Mommy said...

I hear ya' on the messed up sleeping schedule! It does it to me everytime we have to turn back the clocks or turn them ahead. For some reason the falling back takes me a little longer to get use to! Maybe it's because I know the weather is going to start getting colder..who knows :)!

I hope you are enjoying your new schedule :)! I bet you'll really enjoy the day hours once you get use to them!

Have a great day!

Tracy said...

I hope your day shifts are going well...

I am sorry I smashed your pumpkins. I thought you wanted to go for that "look" for Halloween. :)

Have a good day!!!