Friday, November 9, 2007

Hunting partner

For the past couple of days, my husband has been relentless in his efforts to convince me that he needs a new hunting partner. Every year, when hunting season rolls around, he gets the wild idea that he needs a hunting dog. Not just any dog will do. He wants a German short hair. Every year, we have to same discussion. It always ends in an agreement, that when our big dog goes to doggie heaven, he can have his hunting dog.

Now, let me give you a little insight to this thing I call a husband, and who some of you call Al. He is a wheeler dealer bargain grabbing machine. He sniffs out great deals and can not pass on, so he snatches them up. Regardless of whether or not he all ready has 10 of the same item. This is unfortunate for me, but even more unfortunate because his most recent deal sniffing has resulted in the finding of what? You guess it. A German short hair. Not just any German short hair, a trained hunting German short hair that is too good of a deal not to pass up.

This "once in a lifetime" deal, (I have heard this before) is causing my husband to pester me too death. Seriously. He is like a huge thorn in my butt that cannot be removed no matter how hard I try. It has become infected and is so irritating that it has driven me to the edge of reason. I caved. I finally agreed, for my own sanity, to let him get the dog. He is bringing it home today.

Tune in to tomorrows episode to find out if the lady of the house ends up in a straight jacket or if her husband mysteriously disappears.

Happy friday ya'll.

5 comments:

Tamara B. said...

Oh, boy! Can't wait to see how this turns out. :0) Please post pictures. :0)

Tracy said...

I am so thankful that my husband does not hunt. Although we have a black lab...she is getting too old to go hunting.

Post pictures of the new addition!!!

Tess said...

You crack me up Miah! I hope he/she is a good dog! I am sure Al hopes so to since he maybe sharing a dog house if he/she isn't! LOL..

Pictures are a must! I can't wait to see the new addition!!

Traci said...

Man, it sounds like my dad - always sniffing out the deals....like that Jeep he bought while at my wedding.......I've got the same problem with Eric although the items are usually electronic.

First Time Mommy said...

Can't wait to see the new dog! Al sounds like quite the wheeler dealer! I swear him and Jeff are somehow related or something...they both are very much alike! Jeff gets those "can't pass up" kinda deals all the time which results in him getting another mower, another tractor, or another car (you get my point..he he)!

Good luck!! And have a wonderful weekend Miah!