Friday, November 23, 2007

Friday all ready?

Can't time just slow down a little. It all ready seems to just fly by, but throw in the holiday season, and its like we are moving in warp speed. Crazy I tell you.

We had a wonderful thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for, but the most important thing is that I did not kill my family with my first official solo thanksgiving dinner. It was just the four of us. I am sure the rest of you are thankful for not having to be them yesterday. I nominated them as my taste testers, for which I am not sure they were very thankful for.

My taste testers were forced to eat turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, beans & pumpkin pie. All of these items were made from scratch by me with the exception of the pie crust. I did feel a bit sorry for them, so I had a few edible items on the table too. Boxed stuffing, lefse and dinner rolls. There were certainly thankful for that. :O)

I must say, everything turned out pretty darn good. I did call a tip hotline a couple of days in advance, so that probably contributed to my success. I have never made mashed potatoes, gravy or pie prior to yesterday, but you would never know it. I can not believe that I thought that these simple things would be to hard for me to figure out. I may not need that cookbook for dummies after all.

I hope you and yours had a super thanksgiving and that ya'll gained a couple of extra pounds. If you see my hubby somewhere, be sure to ask him if he got the christmas lights up yet. Thanks for your help! :O) Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Tess said...

Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving!! Sounds like Chef Miah is in the house!!! Impressive!

Kerrie said...

"If you see my hubby somewhere, be sure to ask him if he got the christmas lights up yet. Thanks for your help!"

LOL!!!!!

Lori said...

I bet your Thanksgiving meal was delicious.
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving.

Tracy said...

WOW! I am indeed IMPRESSED by your willingness to COOK!!! I just supplied the house! HA! Good for you!

It sounds like you had a great day!!!