Sunday, November 11, 2007

Veterans Day

To all veterans, past, present & future.......Thank you. I am so amazed by your courage and sacrifices, that I can not even find the words to express my gratitude. A simply thank you is all I can do.

9 years ago today, my grandpa Ambrose passed away. I thought it was very fitting, considering he was so proud to have served in WWII. He was a Navy Seabee.

At the time of his death, I was 22 years old and still very much full of myself and did not understand of the importance of anything. I regret that I did not take the time to visit him more and learn more about his life. I never felt as though we had a close bond, and I often wondered if he even knew my name. He was not a man of many words. But he did not have to be for me to know that his veteran status was a very important part of his life. That was one thing I was certain of. And from that, I learned about pride & honor.

I regret that I never thanked my grandfather or shared in his enthusiasm, but I know that he is looking down on me and knows just how proud I am to have him as MY veteran.

Thank you veterans!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

What would this country be without those wonderful veterans - past, present and future!! :)

First Time Mommy said...

Great post Miah! I never thanked my Grandpa Al for what he did in WWII. He never really wanted to talk about it though so I guess that's why I never brought it up. If he were here today I would thank him for what he did over there!

Thank you to all our Veterans!!

Tracy said...

What a great post Miah! Thank you to your grandpa!!!

Tess said...

What a wonderful post!! Thank you to everyone!!