Friday, May 4, 2007

City wide clean up

Its that time of year again. We are taking full advantage of it this year. Perfect timing I would say. I love that we put some stuff out Wednesday evening, and by time I got off work, most of it was gone. Who are these people who are out in the middle of the night rummaging through other people's junk? I am not sure if they think they are stealing, or are just embarrassed.


As you know, I live with a man who loves to find good junk. I am one who would not be caught dead rummaging through the piles. But if I have seen something I might like to have, I send Al after it. You know, because I am a closet junk lover. Last night when I was leaving for work, Al had to show me his latest find. I must admit, it is pretty cool, and I am not sure why someone would throw it out. It is an old sewing machine from the early 1900's. And it still works! Not that I know how to sew, but hey, you never know.

It is great that Al and I have very similar taste and ideas when it comes to house preference and furnishings. Of course, I like some more of the fu-fu stuff, but I am also a history buff and love old things. If I won the lottery, I would not build new. I would find very large old house and restore it. Thankfully, Al is on the same page. And I am sure I will be winning the lottery very soon. :o)


Anyhow, I wanted to "show off" a picture of the buffet Al got for me.



Now I just need some dishes to put in it!

Don't let the rainy skies wet your eyes this weekend. Try to enjoy it!

3 comments:

First Time Mommy said...

That buffet is beautiful! I always got a kick when I lived in town when it was city wide clean up...I would see these people with their trucks FULL stopping to rummage though eveyones stuff. I never have done it but if I saw something I like I too would probably send Jeff to get it :)! That sewing machine sounds really neat! And what perfect timing for you guys as you get ready to move (can get rid of lots of stuff that others will gladly take off your hands)!

Have a great one!

Jamie said...

Very very nice!! That is such a great find! Al did GOOD! :))) I am sure that will look great in your new house.

By the way....sometimes the Flea Market has some very nice dishes. Plus they are old and the old ones are much nicer....most of the time!!

Lori said...

I love your new buffet. Thanks for sharing the photo.