Thursday, May 17, 2007

Doggie Daycare

From time to time, I have thought about having a doggie daycare. It is always quickly wiped away by reality. I don't think such a thing would work in our small community. Last night I thought about it again. Only with a slight variation. Instead of me watching after the dogs, the dogs could watch after the kids.

Colter absolutely loves the dogs. He immediately smiles, flails about and screams when he sees them. What baby wouldn't be excited about a fury creature?. Last night, I set him on the kitchen floor while I was getting some things ready for supper. Of course, the dogs had to be right there too. Sadie was standing in front of Colter wagging her big old tail and it was whapping Colter in the head. He loved it. Strange kid? Would you expect anything else from something sharing my DNA? I am positive he would have sat there all night, if Sadie would have.









Come back Sadie!


As you can see, he had just made a nice mess all over the front of himself. The dogs very well could have cleaned him up for me too. Gross, I know. But true.
I am sure my new & improved idea for a doggie daycare would not fly either. I don't know how many of my prospective clients mother's would love the idea. I probably should just throw that idea by the wayside. :o)

Colter has recently started to give out kisses. But ONLY if HE wants too. You will get nowhere trying to make him. He will do what he wants, when he wants. And if you think you are going to tell him what to do, think again. I will warn you now, he is a sloppy kisser. He may even give you the tongue. He is the best slobbery kisser I have ever kissed.


Have a super day!

4 comments:

First Time Mommy said...

Love the story about Colter and Sadie! I'm not sure if a Doggie Daycare would work :)! Glad to hear that Colter and the dogs get along so good. Looks like Colter really enjoys the dogs!

The kissing story is cute too. Sloppy baby kisses are the best :)!

Have a great day Miah!!

Jamie said...

Ahhh....nothing better than a wet sloppy kiss from your baby! Anyone else...NO THANKS!! :))

I was thinking Colter is drooling like a mad man! :)

Tracy said...

CUTE!! If I worked outside of the house...I would bring my dogs over for doggie daycare!! Let me know if you ever get one started! :)

Caymen offers her cheek for YOU to kiss when you ask her for one. As long as they only kiss their mommies we're good to go!

Kerrie said...

Even at 2 Claire is very selective about who she gives kisses to. I think Colter might need a slober bucket. :) Does he have any teeth yet?