Tuesday, May 1, 2007

What the? Moments

I had a few what the? moments this weekend. I also gave one to someone else.

Saturday night, Tanner's friend Wes spent the night. They have such a great time together, but I don't get a lot of sleep. I can not wait to get into the "new" house. I may not even know they are there. Anyhow, I headed to Sioux Falls on Sunday to meet Nathaniel. I had some shopping to do first and I also wanted to get him a cute outfit at Old Navy. I couldn't find everything that I wanted there, so I headed over to Kohl's. They were having a great sale, but I still didn't find what I wanted. I did get several outfits for Colter though, so it was not a complete loss. I finally decided I wasn't going to find what I was looking for, so I settled for something else for Nathan. Remember now, this was on Sunday. I went to the checkout, with this 90 year old woman. (Not really, but close.) By now, I had written out several checks, all of the time believing it was the 30th. Much to my surprise, and confusion, the 90 year old politically correct checkout woman so graciously pointed out that it was the 29th, not the 30th. I just stared at her blankly for what seemed like an eternity. I finally realized that she was not going to except my check because I wrote the wrong date on it. What the? Are you serious? Is there a bank open today that is going to cash this? They really won't cash my check on Sunday, because it is "post marked" for Monday. What is this world coming too? I was not about to write out another check, so I scribbled out the date, messily, and wrote the proper one on it so I could leave. Kohl's must really be hurting for money.

When I left there, I decided to run through the burger king drive through, park in the mall parking lot, eat and feed Colter. I must have still been dumbfounded by the checkout lady. When I got to the window to pay, I wrote out my check, ripped it out, and then handed my checkbook to the guy in the window. He looked at me like, What the? It took me a second to realize what I had done, and then I laughed and traded him the check for my checkbook. When I drove off, I smacked myself in the head. I deserved it.

After Colter and I ate, we headed to Sam's. I got my goods and was headed for the checkouts. Like every semi-sane person, I was looking for the shortest line, when I hear this man yelling, "Lady! You! Come here!", in a very thick accent. (I have mentioned before that I am ethnicity illiterate, so I think he was may be from the middle east?) I look over to see the checkout guy in the flatbed only lane waving at me to come to his line. He was just finishing up with a customer and there was no one else around. I pushed my cart on over, and he kept motioning to me to get my cart closer. He kept yelling "Come! Come!", sounding like a drill sergeant. What the? I couldn't go any further. The guy he just finished up with was standing there in the way. I finally was able to get close enough and then the checkout guy started yelling at me to bring him doughnuts. I think he was kidding, but I was hoping a box would drop from the sky about then, so he would stop yelling. I finally made it out of there and headed to Paula's.

Nathan is so tiny. He has such tiny features and chicken legs. Its amazing how you can forget just how tiny they really are when they are born. All though, Colter was never very tiny. I am sure he was much chunkier, and had a much bigger head (like his dad!) than Nathan's. It was a nice short little visit. I was tired, Colter was tired, and I am sure Paula was very tired. I didn't want to take up to much of her time. Her sister was back from TN for a visit, and was going to be stopping later that evening. I wanted her to be rested for that. I can see here any time, her sister can not.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like you had very interesting time in Sioux Falls.

Kohl's really has some good sales most of the time. I get a lot of Marissa's clothes there. Since Marissa is into bigger clothes now I find it harder to get her things at Old Navy like I used to.

Love the story about handing the Burger King your checkbook....you cracked me up! :)

I know your little house secret...hehe!! :))

Tracy said...

Now Jamie is a big meany head for knowing THE SECRET! Although I might have gotten a "hint" from someone. We'll see if it is true when you finally REVEAL! :)