Thursday, May 24, 2007

Little scientist

I am not sure how anyone could resist a face this adorable. I understand I may be a bit biased though. This kid is starting to get some thick wavy hair. As you can see, I am not exactly a pro when it comes to combing hair. I suppose I should take in a class or two. Mmmm....I wonder where I can sign up?

Colter had a super fun time in the tub last night. I think he was trying to return the favor, by giving me a bath also. Or may be he was just trying to tell me that I stink. I probably should have just jumped into the tub with him. That way, he wouldn't have had to wear himself out throwing all that water on me. Its not easy, getting this big old betty clean. But he was determined.

Colter figured out that he could make really neat squeaking noises by moving his legs back in forth really fast in the tub. It works even better if you do one leg and then the other repeatedly. The waves are much bigger, and the noise travels better. Its a bit like aerodynamics, really scientific stuff. Of course, if you can splash the water with your hands also, the water goes even higher, thus making the noise higher pitched, or something like that. I can't even begin to tell you what an amazing experience it is. If you have one of these wee-little scientists at your house, you should try it. It is very memorable.

I keep thinking my drool machine will get a tooth soon, but nothing. He has had some difficulty sleeping lately, and I think teething may be the cause. Yesterday, his gums were pretty swollen. Hopefully, that darn tooth will come in soon.

Happy Thursday ya'll!

9 comments:

Lori said...

He is so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

He is a doll! And I love the bath story. So many times has Alec tried to "bathe" me while I'm bathing him. Too much fun!!!

Jamie said...

That little cutie pie is a drool monster. Holy cow!!

First Time Mommy said...

What a CUTIE!!

Kerrie said...

Love that picture! He's so dang cute!

Tracy said...

Have you tried the teething tablets for him? I know that doesn't help with the drool but thought I'd mention it since I am just full of motherly information these days...NOT!! :(

Dulcy said...

Your little guy is soooo cute!

A mom said...

Tracy~

I have not tried those. Do you know if you can get them at Lewis? Would they be in the pharmacy section? Yes, I am a moron.

Tracy said...

oh geesh...I get mine at Walmart and they are back by the pacifiers and bottles and stuff. Lewis...I would imagine they are in the pharmacy yes!