Friday, May 11, 2007

Half time buzzer

I have my very own half time buzzer here at work. Right now, it is running about 45 minutes late, but it will soon be right on time.

My work nights consist of blogging, checking email, surfing the net, watching TV and a few traffic stops. On occasion, I may have a barking dog, loud music, fight, or suspicious person. Less often, my nights actually consist of mad chaos and actual work. I often feel like I don't even earn my paycheck. I have to remind myself that not to many people would want to sit in a room with no windows, watching infomercials, and looking for anything to break up the monotony, and that someone absolutely must do it.

My only knowledge that the outside world still exist, is a small security monitor with a view of cement and a little patch of grass, an intercom and my own personal half time buzzer. I love my half time buzzer. He starts to sing at the half way mark and continues for a couple of hours. I have never seen him, but his songs never fail to perk me back up. There are limited occasions, when I would like to rip his beak off, or pray for a cat, but only on my very bad days. :o) Lucky for him, I don't know what he looks like.

There really is no reason for this post today. We have been so busy, that I have been to pooped to tap into my creative mind. Thus, the lack of super interesting things to write about.

I have not caught the weather report yet, but I am hoping it will be a nice weekend that we all can enjoy. Have a great one!

5 comments:

First Time Mommy said...

Sounds like the weekend is suppose to be nice. I'm sure you guys will get some good quality time outside :)!!

Not sure if we'll hit the races or not..at $12.00 a head..we almost feel like were getting ripped off (and we only know a few of the racers). So we'll see I guess (thanks for the heads up on that by the way).

Have a great weekend Miah!!

Kerrie said...

I TOTALLY turn off the outside speaker when that bird starts singing. Drives me up the wall. I'm totally praying for a cat. :D

Lori said...

Glad you have blogging to do when you are working.

Have a Happy Mothers Day!

Jamie said...

Sounds like a tough job! HEHE!! On another note....what would our community do without you guys! Thanks!! :)

Tracy said...

I am very thankful for you dispatchers! I know you don't get nearly enough praise for what you do!!