Thursday, May 31, 2007

Moving Day

Today is moving day. Unfortunately, everyone is suppose to be showing up around 10am, so I don't think I will get much sleep once again. Ugh! My hubby is not a planner which sometimes makes me pull my hair out. I want to set a schedule, he does things when he finds time. Usually, I am informed that we are doing something, 10 seconds before we do it, so I guess I should not complain. He did give me a 2 day notice that we were moving everything today. Thankfully, I was able to get someone to work for me tomorrow. Poor girl had to work for me last night too. I have a mad sore throat. I hope I don't pass it around.

This moving business is teaching me a lot about some of the people in our lives. I am amazed by the people who have offered to help and also amazed by the ones who I thought would help, but "can't". One person in particular has amazed me. He is one of those guys that everyone finds annoying. He is almost 50, and he has been over helping us move boxes for the last few weeks. He helped Al with the refinishing of the hardwood floors, he is more than willing to help me with Colter so I can measure, etc, he will be there today helping us move, and I know he will be there helping us with the remodeling. He really has a heart of gold. Its to bad most people do not see it. There have been many others who have offered to help or offered trailers etc. Most of whom, totally surprised me. It's a good feeling knowing that people care, and I thank them greatly. I will definitely have to have a barbecue when things slow down.

My brother would be helping us, but he and his clan are in Texas and wont be back until Friday. I have been getting their mail and feeding my nieces rat. I think my brother may have been worried about my abilities to keep the rat alive, because he called yesterday. Just to see how things were going. I let him know that the rat was still alive (at least the last time I was there it was) and that everything else was fine. I did have to inform him that someone left a bag of donuts on their porch. I am not sure what that is all about. I don't think I want to either.

I took Chopper, (our little dog) over to see her new house yesterday. She was a hundred miles an hour sniffing out every square inch of the place. I think it passed her inspection, but she is not a fan of staircases, so that will be interesting. I am not going to carry her up and down those darn steps all of the time. Okay, so I probably will until she figures out she can do it. So if you see chopper wearing a tiara and me carrying her upstairs on a pillow, don't be alarmed. She is the princess of the house after all. Only kidding, I am not the crazy, really!

If anyone is thinking they may be in need of a house cat, I have one that needs a home. It breaks my heart, but she is not permitted to come, unless she is outside. And she is a HOUSE CAT. She is a long haired calico, and she is declawed and neutered. I have had her for 9 year, since she was a kitten. I know Erin could use a cat!!

I doubt I will have time to post until next week, so have a super weekend everyone!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the move! That's great that so many people are offering to help. Hopefully, they'll all pull through for you.

And sorry about the cat. :-( I'm sure you'll find a good home for her.

Lori said...

Good luck with your move.

It's great that many people are offering to help move and pack and etc.

Jamie said...

Have fun moving! I am excited to see your house! If you ever need any help with decorating or painting or anything you know where to find me!!

Have a great week and weekend moving and getting settled!!

First Time Mommy said...

Good luck with the move. It always seems like a lot of work but in the long run it's worth it :)! I know you guys will be very happy at your new house!

I hope you find a home for your cat. I won't be able to take her (even though after the mouse incident it's very tempting). Good luck with that :)!

Have a great rest of the week and a wonderful weekend Miah!

Tracy said...

Good luck with the packing and moving. That is great that you have so much help! I HATE moving. I hope it goes smoothly.

Paula said...

I am so excited for you guys. I hope that your move goes smooth and that the rain misses you until you are done.