Friday, May 18, 2007

My treat!

Since I am on the topics of dogs, I thought I would tell you a funny about our little dog Chopper.

About a week or so ago, I was running around the house with my head cut off. I could hear Chopper barking continuously, but I was too busy to see what her problem was. I tuned her out and continued on with what I was doing. I remembered that I wanted to call my Sis-n-law for something, so I grabbed the phone and dialed. If I didn't call her at that moment, I knew I would forget. My brother and I have very interesting phone etiquette, so when he answered the phone, he started making barking sounds. It took me a couple of seconds to realize that Chopper was still barking, hence my brothers odd behavior. (Some may just say he ate to many paint chips as a child.) I glanced over at Chopper and told her to shut her trap and noticed that she was barking at Colter as he was jumping in his jumperoo. Dumb dog, I thought to myself. My sis-n-law was not home and my convo with my brother was brief. After I hung up, I went about trying to finish what I had been doing. Colter was starting to get fussy, so I poked my head around the corner to tell him I would be right there. As I did this, I noticed Chopper was still barking at him and trying to get behind the jumperoo. Every time he would jump, Chopper would freak out and run back, all the while still barking at him. I found it very odd. This was not normal Chopper behavior. She had been barking non stop at him for at least 10 minutes.

After a few minutes, I grabbed Colter out of his jumperoo and sat down with him at the table. That's when I saw Chopper freaking out on the jumperoo. It didn't take long to figure out what was happening, because she finally got what she was looking for. It was a tootsie roll that she found somewhere and hid under the base of the jumperoo. Apparently she was mad at Colter because she thought he was going to eat her treat. She does not share well.

Choppers stash has been found in many interesting places. One time, I found a snickers bar under Al's pillow. Thankfully, it was still in the wrapper.

Have a howling good time this weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Miah! I'm Kerrie's cousin...which I'm sure you probably know, but I thought I'd let you know that I enjoy ready your blog. And the dog story is really cute!
Have a great day!

First Time Mommy said...

That is a VERY CUTE dog story! Dogs hide "treasures" in some strange spots don't they! L*O*L!

Have a GREAT weekend Miah!!! :)

Jamie said...

That is funny! Those dogs are smart and how dare Colter steal that tootsie roll!! Shame on you Colter!! HE HE

Have a great weekend!!

Tracy said...

Now Miah, didn't you know that chocolate could kill dogs?!? HA! Poor thing just wanted "the goods" and Colter was in the way...poor dog! :)